A new county-wide campaign to raise the profile of Carers and increase access to services has recently launched.
1 in 9 adults (151,000 people) in Kent are Carers, looking after a family member, partner, friend or neighbour who due to physical or mental illness, disability, age related difficulties or addiction cannot cope without their support. Being a Carer can be a positive experience but it can also be challenging and exhausting, which can impact on a Carer’s mental and physical health or well-being. Five Carer organisations in Kent (Carers FIRST, Carers’ Support – Ashford, Shepway, Swale, Carers’ Support – Canterbury, Dover & Thanet, Crossroads Care Kent and Involve Kent) have joined together to launch Kent Carers Matters, a county-wide campaign to:
- raise the profile of Carers in Kent
- increase access to Carer services
- support health and social care professionals to identify and refer Carers to services earlier
- provide more opportunities for Carers to engage with and have their say about local and national issues that affect them.
To find out more, use these links:-
- Website: www.kentcarersmatter.co.uk
- Facebook – Kent Carers Matter
- Twitter – #kentcarersmatter
- or to find out how you can support Carers in your workforce see www.kentcarersmatter.co.uk/employers